2009/04/21

BSS and Bicycles

I’m listening to Broken Social Scene for the first time (the album of the same name) and I like what I hear. A friend sent me some Blizten Trapper: I like it, too.

I saw an Asian man riding a bicycle in circles around a street light in an empty parking lot at night. I would have taken a photograph of him, but I had no camera.

People were practicing yoga in the grass. The light was great: the sun was just about to set, and the figures were in unison, creating long sweeping shadows. I impulsively approached them with camera at eye level. The instructor said something like: “It isn’t polite to take someone’s photo without asking them.” He didn’t want me to take photos, so I left. I realize I don’t care what people think of me—to an extent.

I worked my way through a book that featured the best photography from 1989. (NPPA? I can’t remember.) It was interesting to see the events of yesteryear. The images were powerful and compelling: I am inspired.

Most of my day was spent wandering around, working on a photo project for class. Here is something nice from the shoot:


Model Chelsea Foss posses in front of a very yellow brick wall in downtown Corvallis.

No comments: