2009/09/20

Move-in Day

A handful of Antioch members moved in to the annex house. A few more will continue to haul belongings in the coming days. I intend the images taken in the next few days to be the conclusion of the project (I leave Corvallis on Tuesday.)

I’ve been working on the annex story for slightly longer than three months. It has been my first long-term project, and I have learned quite a bit. However, it is time to wrap it up. I have been asked to put something together for the members, perhaps a story book of sorts or an online selection. Several hundred images are sitting on a hard drive, so it will be a long management process. More on that later. Here are some shots from today:


Cory Hartman moves a friend’s desk up towards the stairs.
Ben Matthias carves out a hole for a door bolt. Ben drove down from Portland to help out with odd jobs for the day.
Two members living in the annex house, from the hallway.
Chief worker Ben Baretich attaches door handles Sunday afternoon. Ben will continue working on the house during the week.
Lights illuminate the annex house at night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the annex has electricity? weird...